Ben White: ‘Even when I play Uno with my wife I’ll do everything to win’

Ben White’s reputation for ambivalence towards football cannot hide a burning desire to help Arsenal win the Premier League title

Mikel Arteta uses deep meditation or a good book to escape from the intensity of the title race but things are much simpler for Ben White. “That’s one of the best things I’m able to do,” the Arsenal defender says. “I know people say I don’t like football, but I go home and football is not on my mind. I can just be a normal person, relax. When I’m in here it is intense.”

So rather than watching Manchester City and Liverpool this weekend before Arsenal enter the fray again on Monday night at Sheffield United, White is more likely to get away from it all with a game of bat and ball or Uno against his wife. Just don’t expect him to make it easy for her. Continue reading...

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Wiegman’s Lionesses rekindle lost energy to fire spectacular comeback | Jonathan Liew

US owners understand profit but do they appreciate clubs’ tradition and values?

‘Emotional’ Leah Williamson to make first England start in almost a year