Chelsea’s Thiago Silva: ‘Meeting Paolo Maldini sparked something in me’

The 39-year-old reveals the secrets to his longevity, why Brazil’s World Cup exits still hurts and his chats with Mauricio Pochettino

Thiago Silva is in full flow at Chelsea’s training ground, talking about how he is able to be at the top of his game at the age of 39 and the sacrifices he has made to reach the highest level, when he leans forward and says: “I can’t live without football.”

He continues: “It has been my life since I was a little kid and the thing is, my passion for the sport is still the same today. My eyes before training, they light up, and it is the same for a game or watching a game, watching my kids play, my eyes light up.” Continue reading...

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Wiegman’s Lionesses rekindle lost energy to fire spectacular comeback | Jonathan Liew

US owners understand profit but do they appreciate clubs’ tradition and values?

‘Emotional’ Leah Williamson to make first England start in almost a year