Mary Earps’ long road from Phil Neville reject to world’s best No 1

Euros hero was considering a life beyond football before a phone call changed everything – and has been rewarded by Fifa Before Mary Earps and her Manchester United teammates played at Old Trafford for the first time, the goalkeeper embarked on a vital reconnaissance mission. “I like to know where I’m going to park on match day so I need to drive the route and then work out the way I’m going to walk into the ground after leaving my car,” she explained before that landmark game two years ago. “I’m the type of person who prepares everything in advance. Maybe other people would use the term ‘control freak’ but it’s just so I don’t waste any mental energy and can focus purely on football.” Continue reading...

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Wiegman’s Lionesses rekindle lost energy to fire spectacular comeback | Jonathan Liew

US owners understand profit but do they appreciate clubs’ tradition and values?

‘Emotional’ Leah Williamson to make first England start in almost a year